What is a coach?
In sports, a coach uses their experience and leadership to take a group of players with diverse skill sets, strengths and weaknesses and utilize those qualities to get that group pf players to perform at their best as a team, rather than just a group of talented individuals.
Why do you need a Performance Coach?
Why do artists hire producers in the studio? Many times we need another set of ears, another set of ideas and a fresh sense of direction for the project. We hire someone with the experience to fix problems, guide the sessions and pull the best performances out of everyone to get our songs to sound their best.
… so why not do the same for your live shows?
Many bands/performers believe that they already know exactly what attracts an audience and what is best for their live shows. But, far too often, we are unaware of the many habits and attitudes that are actually effecting our performance. We must realize that making a few minor changes can elevate our performance and our audience’s experience and, therefore, take our careers to the next level in the music marketplace.
Performance Coaching can help:
- Tighten and improve live performances
- Make the most out of your rehearsals
- Improve on stage personas
- Engage and connect more with your audience
- Bring your overall band performance level to a higher level
- Make life on the road more bearable
- Improve band morale
- Business/Band organization
Like any business, you invest much time and energy in your band for it to be successful. This coaching is another form of investment in your career as a band or solo performer. Performance Coaching can be applied to any musical style. The more polished you come across to your audience, the more fans you will attract and the bigger your following will be.
Let me share my 40 years of experience and knowledge with you and elevate your band and career and finally reach that next level you want to achieve!
About my experience:
- 40 years as professional musician, making my living solely as a performer
- 30 years touring experience in US, Europe, Canada and Japan
- 6 years as Music Director for Robert Earl Keen
- 2 years as the Chicks Road Manager
- Bachelor of Music in Jazz Studies for University of North Texas (minor in Music Theory and Percussion)
- Teaching Experience in Master Classes, Clinics, ARTS Magnet High School in Dallas, Navarro College and Private Lessons
- Who I have performed with? Robert Earl Keen, Dixie Chicks, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Charlie Pride, Los Lobos, The Crystals, Janie Fricke, Johnny Lee, Bo Diddley, The Shirelles, B.J. Thomas, Frank Yankovich, U.N.T. Lab Bands, Irving Symphony, Ft.Worth/Dallas Ballet, Leon Rausch, Dave Alexander and the Legends of Western Swing, Hank Thompson, Chip Taylor, The Platters, Carrie Rodriguez, Steve Earle, Joe Ely, Gary P. Nunn, Lyle Lovett, Hot Tuna, Junior Brown, Billy Joe Shaver, Lee Roy Parnell, Danny Barnes, the Greencards, Raul Malo, Larry Campbell, Levon Helm & the Midnight Ramble Band, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Cory Morrow, Bruce Robison, the Resentments, Jim Lauderdale, Brent Cobb, Waylon Payne,Dale Watson, Larry Coryell, Rodney Hayden, David Halley, Lee Ann Womack, Ricky Skaggs, Tyler Childers.
- As member of “ACL All-Stars” House Band for “Austin City Limits Hall of Fame Award Show” (2014-present) – Bonnie Raitt, Sheryl Crow, Kris Kristofferson, Jeff Bridges, Doyle Bramhall II, Gary Clark Jr, Jimmy Vaughn, Joe Ely, Brittany Howard, Taj Majal, Mavis Staples, Willie Nelson, Rodney Crowell, Chris Isaak, Neko Case, Brandi Carlisle, Elvis Costello, Rosanne Cash, John Leventhal, Ry Cooder, Raul Malo, Norah Jones, Ruthie Foster, Lucinda Williams, Margo Price, Jason Isbell, Alejandro Escovedo, Sheila E, Wilco, John Doe, Alex Ruiz, Marcia Ball, the Flatlanders, Brittney Spencer.
- Opened for: Dave Matthews Band, Nathaniel Ratliff and the Night Sweats, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Dwight Yoakum, Avett Brothers, George Strait, Lyle Lovett,
I will send a questionnaire to each member of the band to be filled out and returned before the initial rehearsal or performance. I will attend and observe the prescribed rehearsals and performances. Then we will have a follow up meeting to review my observations and devise a plan to implement a move forward. For more information, go to CONTACT PAGE. Please include any questions and some background information regarding your query.
In Person Services:
ALL ACCESS – $500 – (1) Rehearsal (2) Performances (1) Evaluation and Review Meeting
BACKSTAGE PASS – $350 – (1) Rehearsal (1) Performance (1) Evaluation and Review Meeting
MEET & GREET – $200 – (1) Performance (1) Evaluation and Review Meeting
*** Rehearsals – 2 hrs max – Performances – 90 min max
On-Line/ Remote Services:
HEADLINER – $300 – (1) Rehearsal (1) Performance (1) Evaluation and Review Meeting
OPENER – $175 – (1) Performance (1) Evaluation and Review Meeting
*** Artist will record high quality video of rehearsal and performance with good, clear, legible audio and send via DropBox (or similar). The video should cover the whole stage/ rehearsal room and have the whole band in view. The “Evaluation and Review Meeting” will be over Zoom.
$75 – “Followup Session” with prior Services (60 minutes)
$50 – “Followup Session” with prior Services (30 minutes – phone or online only)
$100 – Individual Consultation Session (60 minutes)
Minimum 50% initial deposit required- The final “Evaluation and Review” and any “Followup Sessions” will be scheduled ONLY after balance is paid in full. Payments accepted through Venmo, PayPal or Zelle
** Clients will have travel charges added at $30/hr past the first 30 minutes drive time.
*** Artist agrees to make travel/lodging arrangements if “out of state” or over 200 miles distance
For more information or to book a coaching session, email at email@example.com